Stanley's Dog Tales

Here's where I, Stanley the Dog, tell you my stories and share my thoughts. Come back and see what I'm up to.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Toilet Paper is Fun

Bored, Mad, Hungry...

I was sitting home alone again (that should be one of the last times for a while, the big guy is going to get fixed...Gawd, I hope he's not getting fixed the way I got fixed, poor guy!).

Anyway, I’m home alone with my sisters who just don’t understand me. My oldest sister just lies around a lot; my other sister seems to occupy herself by playing fetch - alone - with her toys.

When I get bored I crave a certain snack... no one else seems to like it, so if I can find it its all mine! It’s the brown papery stuff, usually filled with my mommy's nonsense... sometimes I find square ones and sometimes they are rectangles. I can work the flaps loose...they are really good for chewing on for a while. I think my mommy calls this treat cardboard but sometimes she calls it a box. I get so confused whenever she's talking about it, but she never sounds very happy when she discovers I've made a snack of it!

When my mommy tells me not to eat it, I wont eat that one again. But, oh boy, there is almost always a new one laying around! This time, for sure, it must be for me! My mommy knows how much I like these treats and she is always bringing them home for me!

The other day I was really bored. I couldn’t find any of these that I thought might be safe for me to eat...seemed as if my humans had forgotten to leave some of this "cardboard" laying around for me. How sad...

I did find something new in the peoples potty-room, though. No, not from the round can - I won’t settle for that nastiness (unlike my oldest sister, who seems to think that "trash" stuff is the best). There were these 12 white fluffy rolls wrapped in plastic but with an opening on one end and one roll missing. I swear I could smell some of that cardboard stuff in there! This must be what those humans left for me to snack on until they got home! Yay!

These smell so much like my other yummy snacks. I dragged the whole package into the hallway and ripped at the plastic so I could get to those delectable smelling little rolls of joy (are these what the big guy calls "tootsie rolls"?).

I quickly discovered there was a yummy cardboard center to these. I shredded and unrolled about half of them throughout the hall and bedrooms. It was so very much fun, like a game with a reward inside! I was sure mommy and daddy would be so proud of me for figuring it out...and I didn't touch a single one of those "box" thingies today!

Then the humans got home and fed me my regular food. My mommy stays around and puts me out when I am done (I just can't control myself. If she's not watching, I'm going to grab my sisters' food as soon as they turn their heads!). The big guy went back to change his clothes, heading down the hallway. I heard him call out "What the hell?!?"

Mommy put me out and ran down the hall. As I heard them both start laughing hysterically, I just knew they had discovered that I figured out my rewarding little prize filled game. I waited to be praised, and waited, and waited... but the laughter continued. When I came back in the house I ran around looking everywhere but there was no more of my new little treat goodies around. Where had they all gone? Why didn't they pat my head and tell my how good I was? Shouldn't I get another treat now?

Oh well, I didn’t get scolded so I guess it was ok with them. I just wish I could find some more of those fun, tasty treats laying around. I can’t wait until they get me more of those!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home